- The site survey will determine the best solution and the best way to implement it.
- The planning process will differ depending on whether the elevator is installed inside the stairwell or outside the building.
- The architect creates the drawings for the installation. This includes specifications for the materials that will be used for the shaft and elevator car interior.
- Choose from various elevator shaft materials: concrete, steel, or a combination of the two. Read more about our design options »
- Choose from a wide range of options for the car interior. Wood laminate walls and a composite stone floor might be more suitable for an older building, while in a more modern building you might choose stainless steel walls and handrails.
- An engineer produces modification plans for the stairwell or the building exterior where the elevator will be installed.
- This will include planning any extra supports that may be needed and making sure that access ways are wide enough for firefighters in case of an emergency.
- Before work can begin, all relevant permits must be processed so that plans and calculations are checked and approved by the relevant authorities.